File: chapter6TextBank. docx, Chapter six, Architecture and Infrastructure
1 . " Reuse” is a good thing about service-oriented structure because it supports: a) Applying sensitive info again and again
b) The analyzing of functionality into little services you can use by many several systems c) Access to servers from various locations.
d) The selection of a unique computing device by every single employee. e) Reliable capacity-on-demand
Ans: m (Medium)
Response: See page 174
2 . Google Maps is a web mapping service that gives street roadmaps and guidelines. A Google Maps component could be added to a business's website to provide buyers directions for the business position. This utilization of Google's service by a business is one of __________. a) Centralized buildings
b) Decentralized architecture
c) Service-oriented structures
d) Web-based architecture
e) Enterprise architecture
Ans: c (Medium)
Response: See web page 174
several. Valero's expansion required a big change to the IT architecture. SOA was chosen simply by Valero mainly because Valero: a) Needs overall flexibility to successfully integrate fresh applications with existing independent systems b) Wants to get rid of the dependency upon its ENTERPRISE RESOURCE PLANNING system.
c) Needs to update its facilities components to fulfill the elevated IT demands. d) Is convinced that SOA provides the appropriate level of security it would not have using its original buildings. e) Benefits from standardizing around the SAP package of products and reducing it is reliance in multiple sellers.
Ans: a (Medium)
Response: See site 167-168
4. The architecture that the huge oil company Valero followed enables the corporation to build applications from pieces and realize gains because of this versatility. The structures is called: a) Centralized
Ans: c (easy)
Response: Find page 167
5. A manager must know enough about the IT architecture and IT system so that they might: a) Pick the correct cellular provider.
b) Make genuine use of THIS and know what to expect from IT. c) Choose the appropriate IT facilities components.
d) Limit long term business choices.
e) Make sure a stiff IT composition.
Ans: b (Medium)
Response: See page 169.
six. Which of the following greatest describes cloud computing?
a) Virtual computer's desktop computing
b) Lightweight software that occupies little space for storage
c) Calculating services that can be accessed upon demand throughout the Internet d) The World Wide Web
e) Mobile-based cultural IT
Ans: c (Medium)
Response: Observe page 183
7. The constituents of business architecture will be: shared data, the connecting and motorisation technology accustomed to share the info, the people who are served by the system and: ______________,
a) Organization software
b) A central architecture
c) IT systems
d) Primary business operations
e) A framework
Ans: d (Hard)
Response: Find page 182
8. This architecture is known as a complex construction whose key objective should be to map the way the organization's THAT supports the company processes.
a. Central architecture
b. Decentralized architecture
c. Service-oriented structure
d. Web-based architecture
e. Enterprise buildings
Ans: at the (Hard)
Response: See web page 180
9. This provides a blueprint for translating an enterprise strategy to a plan for CAN BE.
a) CAN BE infrastructure
b) IS buildings
c) ERP devices
d) Central architecture
Ans: b (Medium)
Response: Discover page 169
10. The IT system components must be evaluated based upon their predicted financial value. All of the following are used to assess the financial worth of IT elements EXCEPT for the:
e) Routine service
Ans: a (Hard)
Response: See site 190
eleven. The type of structures where bigger software programs are broken down into providers which are then simply connected to one another, in a...